7 Reasons Women Cheat
In our last blog, we wrote about the reasons why men are prone to cheat. This week, we thought we would take a look at the differing reasons why women step out on their partners. The motivations behind infidelity are markedly different for men and women.
Although most women understand that cheating is potentially harmful to their partner and their relationship, they engage in infidelious acts anyways. Why is this? Below are the most common reasons why females cheat on their loved ones.
- Low Self-Esteem – Women that suffer from low self-esteem, unresolved childhood trauma, depression, or other mental health issues may seek comfort through sexual and romantic activity. If they are approached by someone other than their partner who makes them feel desirable, needed and loved, they may engage in an affair.
- Revenge – If feelings of betrayal emerge within a relationship, usually financially or sexually, women may use sex as a method of retaliation. In this case, the woman is unlikely to hide the affair from their partner. Instead, they may throw it in their face for restitution.
- Lack of Passion – Women may miss the exhilaration of meeting, flirting and dating new people. Although they may have committed to their partners, they may find their ongoing and stable relationship boring. Chasing the emotional high of finding and bonding with someone new, they may cheat on their partner.
- Absence of Sex at Home – Contrary to popular belief, women are sexual creatures and enjoy love making as much as men do. They also appreciate the feeling of being wanted and desired. In some cases, women may be more sexual than their partner and seek sex outside of the relationship to satisfy their craving.
- Neglect and Loneliness – In some relationships, women may feel more like a maid or mother than a girlfriend or wife. Sexual affairs can serve to fill emotional voids in their lives.
- Lack of Intimacy – Different from actual sex, the woman might feel like she is not getting the emotional connection she desires. Women, more often than men, feel connected and valued through non-sexual emotional interactions such as talking, being remembered and gift giving. If they are not are not receiving the emotional connections they thrive, they may be prone to infidelity.
- Unrealistic Expectations – Similar to men, some women expect that their partners cater to their every need and desire. When their partner inevitably fails to meet their wants and needs, the woman may turn to another man to fulfill their wishlist.
Compared to our previous blog, we can see that men and women cheat for differing reasons. Although there are some similarities, motivations for committing infidelity are strikingly different for each gender. If you suspect that your partner may be cheating, get the truth by calling Investigation Hotline today.