Warning! Romance scams (especially long distance) are the latest thing and Investigation Hotline has already helped dozens of victims. BEFORE you tender any money FOR ANY REASON, please call the Investigation Hotline for some quick tips.
Long distance relationships can be very difficult. It takes a tremendous amount of commitment and a mutual agreement between both partners to work a little harder than usual. You have to substitute your dinner dates with Skype dates. It can get lonely and it can get frustrating, especially if there is no end in sight to the distance. However, if you think you have found the one, sometimes a little long distance isn’t the end of the world.
One problem with long distance relationships (LDRs) is that you never really know what your partner is up to. It’s easy for your mind to run wild imagining what your partner is really doing when they tell you they are taking a nap. There’s never a way to be 100% sure that your partner is being faithful to you, even with social media as a window into everyone’s lives.
Just because your partner is not constantly at your beck and call, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are having an affair. Unfortunately if they are, it is easier to hide it from you. If you suspect your LDR may be in jeopardy, here are a six signs and symptoms that your partner may be unfaithful from halfway across the country:
1) They no longer make time to connect with you. LDRs require commitment by both parties to take the time to connect throughout the day. They are a sacrifice and they require concerted effort. Sometimes life gets in the way and they really are too busy to talk, but if this behaviour becomes consistent, it may be a red flag.
2) When they do make the time for you, it feels as though they are not present. A devoted partner will show genuine interest in your day and what you have to say. If your partner is not listening to you or can’t recall what you have recently told them, this may be a sign that they are pulling away or are losing interest in your relationship.
3) Arguments are more frequent and develop quickly. Guilt has a way of playing on the mind of a cheater. When your cheating partner is feeling guilty during your conversations, they will be more likely to make a mountain of a molehill and become defensive or accusatory.
4) They prefer texting or emailing with you instead of jumping on FaceTime or picking up the phone. This gives them more time to come up with elaborate lies and believable stories (and it also makes them feel less guilty when they do).
5) Their social media has blown up. Even though your partner doesn’t spend time on their social media when they are with you, they post an awful lot when you are apart. Maybe they have taken up a social media platform and aren’t honest with you about it. Keep an eye on what platforms they are on, what they post and how frequently they post; this could be a window into the new life they are living without you… and with someone else.
6) They have cheated in the past. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that if someone has cheated before, they are more likely to do it again than someone who hasn’t. Add the distance between you and it is much easier (and much more likely) for your partner to be cheating.
If you suspect that your long distance love is being unfaithful, hiring a private investigator is a sure way to confirm or squash your suspicions. A good PI is well versed in tracking people down on social media and can be the eyes you need when you can’t be in your partner’s location.
LDR’s are tough. But if your partner is being unfaithful, you need to get tougher.