WHY DO PEOPLE CHEAT?
IT’S TIME TO REALLY TALK OPENLY ABOUT IT!!!
..MAYBE WE CAN HELP??
Cheating on a partner is an act that can have devastating effects on others in a relationship. Infidelity is very common in the early 21st century. Because of this, it’s important that society understand the reasons why people engage in immoral and deceitful affairs. The following is a list of the eight most common reasons why partners stray or disconnect .
- Lack of sexual satisfaction in your primary relationship. One of the most common reasons why individuals cheat is a lack of sexual satisfaction with their current partner. Both men and women who enter into affairs are hoping to improve their sexual pleasure. They might enjoy the company of their partner, but for whatever reason, they’re dissatisfied with their sexual connection with their spouse.
- Desire for more sexual encounters. Although not nearly as common as the previous reason, some individuals lust for a multitude of sexual experiences and may look outside of the relationship to achieve this. An example of this behaviour could be a man that believes he needs more sex to reward himself for performing well at his job.
- Lack of emotional satisfaction in the primary relationship. Prior to popular opinion on infidelity, seeking emotional intimacy can be nearly as compelling a reason to have an affair as can seeking physical intimacy. People who are lacking an emotional connection to their primary partners may seek the company of other individuals.
- Wanting emotional validation from someone else. The feeling of being appreciated is a crucial factor in the emotional connection that partners feel toward each other. Partners may grow apart and, as they do, fail to acknowledge the needs that both have in their relationship.
- Falling out of love with your partner. Although rather obvious, individuals who feel that they have “fallen out of love” with their partner may seek the attention of others for emotional and sexual intimacy they require.
- Falling in love with someone new. For some, the chemistry felt with another individual outside the primary relationship may lead them to stray and cheat on their partner. Sometimes that chemistry leads to a love connection with the person they’re having the affair with.
- Seeking revenge. In a relationship that is already suffering, the desire to hurt a partner who is (or is perceived as) cheating, seems to raise the stakes significantly from mere lack of intimacy. Although Hollywood movies exploit this theme, in reality, this is rarely a reason why people cheat.
- You’re curious and want new experiences. Individuals may feel that they want something new, and this motivation may manifest and go beyond curiosity and into a desire to become adventurous and stray from their partner.